Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bittersweet

Well, I went in for my second ultrasound today to see the babies. Baby B looks great. Measuring ahead of schedule at 10 weeks and 5 days. Unfortunately, we lost Baby A back a week or two ago. 

My feelings are all over the place. I'm so sad about my lost baby, but I am trying to remember that it wouldn't have passed away if it was healthy. It just wasn't right for this world I guess. I'm struggling to re-envision what our world will look like with just one baby come this Fall.

I also am feeling incredibly grateful that we still have Baby B and that s/he looked great, wiggling and dancing away in there. I guess it is just going to take some time to get used to. I had really gotten used to the idea of twins and really had started to look forward to them sharing their lives together, and with us,  so knowing that won't happen is hard.

I'm not sure what else to say. I'm sad today.

No comments:

Post a Comment